Monday, January 18, 2010

Not a book, but now a movie rave..

When I was a kid, I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation religiously. I thought Captain Jean-Luc Picard was the shiznit, and I was an absolute huge fan. I occasionally watched an episode or two of Star Trek (the original series), and while it didn't thrill me the way TNG did (I mean, c'mon, I was a kid in the 90's. 60's special effects bored me), I still loved it.

I had really wanted to see Star Trek this past summer in theatres, but unfortunately it never happened. However, the hubs and I finally got to see it last night when we got it from On Demand. Frankly... HOLY CRAP! I LOVED it! I had heard great things about it, but I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I did.

Being a female nerd, I loved Chris Pine back when he played Anne Hathaway's romantic interest in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. Okay, who am I kidding. I still love that movie and him in it. So I had been really excited ever since I first heard ages ago that he had been cast as Captain Kirk. And Heroes dude as Spock? Totally. Awesome.

If you haven't seen the movie, umm, yeah. WATCH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment