Monday, January 4, 2010

Kicking of 2010... with a new blog!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not particularly adept at this whole blog thing. I'm awful at updating, and sometimes I just plain don't know what to write about because I'm afraid that I'll come off as being utterly boring and otherwise blah to any readers I might pick up along the way. And of course, that whole lack of updating thing makes me lose those readers, and it is a vicious cycle of blog suckiness.

So here's attempt number 3,541. Or something along those lines. I may have some blog vomit here in the next day or so because a lot has been going on! In addition to a move and all that comes with a new home, I want to talk about the best and worst of 2009. I read 89 books, so I have a few opinions about these as you can well imagine. I look forward to sharing this with you, as I also look forward to chronicling my quest for 75 books in 2010.

Now, the rules for 2010 have changed from last year. I decided that in 2009 I only wanted to read books I've never read before. I wanted to really broaden my horizons and get out of my comfort zone a bit. I was so glad I did this because I found some gems! However, the excellent reading material of 2009 left me with a strong urge to do some rereading. Therefore in 2010 I will again try for 75 books, but I will allow myself to do some rereads. I'm hoping to keep them to a minimum, but they are allowed.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment