Thursday, May 6, 2010

Do you hate me?

I'm sorry I haven't been gracing your blog rolls in the past week. It's been a long (read: not very fun) week, and honestly I have not been in the mood. Forgive me. I'll try to be better for the rest of May.

Even though I got about halfway through last time I did it, I started the Couch to 5k program from scratch the other day. I took the dog out with me (if I'm starting from scratch, he can do it too!), and needless to say by the end of the workout he was not particularly happy with me by the end. Poor Fuzz. I plan on taking him back out tomorrow for Week 1-Day 2, so hopefully he'll be a little more willing. The weather is at least supposed to be much more dog-friendly (low 70s). I really need to motivate myself by signing up for another race. Unfortunately, I can't decide how long I want to wait before I race. To be blunt, the thought of running a race in the middle of an Oklahoma summer scares the poop out of me. So I may wait until the fall.

That's about all. Wish me luck. Someone cheer me on so I don't quit this thing!

5 comments:

  1. You should check out this link for races: http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/List.aspx?State=OK

    I think we should get all the besties together and run one. Which would mean I need to go to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the couch to 5K and I just don't know if I have it in me! I prefer a brisk walk. And I'm also afraid I will just drop dead if I try to run this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out there and run, baby! I am so down for a bestie run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm...I agree with the Bestie run. and WTG for starting (you are a step (or a few) ahead of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl I have never made it past week 2. :) I try my darndest, but it seems like every time I get to that point something gets in the way and I don't make it to they gym for several days.. then I don't have it in me to make it to the next week and I start all over. Maybe you will inspire me to do it!!

    ReplyDelete