Friday, June 15, 2012

Finn over fences

For those of you that read my blog because I read books, I apologize to you. But aside from my annual reread (listen) of the Harry Potter audiobooks, I haven't been reading much in the last month. That's the price you pay when you have a long-term visitor in your house that enjoys talking. Like, a lot. So I'll get back to posting about books I'm reading... once I start reading them again!

So I had a few good rides on Finn this week. On Tuesday we managed to not knock down a single jump during our ride, which is a first! Yesterday we weren't so lucky, but we did learn a few things: One, Finn does not like bulky front boots. I'll be sticking with polo wraps for a while I guess. Second, Finn can jump 2'3''! We've been jumping 2', so yesterday I tried raising one of the fences slightly, and he handled it like a pro! I was so proud. We still have a lot of work to do, but I look forward to this road.

In other Finn news, I got my first nicker yesterday! That's the "Hello! I'm happy to see you!" sound. It's pretty common to hear that noise when you're approaching with food, so when you have no food and you still get it, it can be pretty heartwarming. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment